Monday, September 10, 2012

Joaquin Margot, M.F.A., continued, part 2

I don't know who Anne-Brigitte Sorot (sp?), was, but she was from Canada, and had a Canadian plate on her red car, which she and Joaquin (Joachim - either the Spanish or French spelling are used) left in, from the condo, near the Brooklyn Museum.  He told me, later, after I told him in 1/91, that I had seen her moving some things into a building next to the building I had moved into on Washington Avenue, in Brooklyn, that she had taken jobs 'helping people move'.  That was her new thing  to do.  I didn't know whether to believe him or not. 
I had three addresses in late 1990 - at the sublet on 6th Street; at the room in a house on Washington Avenue; at a one-bedroom apmt. in a building on Washington Avenue;  and, then, I moved back to St. Louis on 1/15/91.  I did not have an address in Missouri, until I was able to rent a studio apartment in July, 1992.  I stayed with family for that entire year and a half.  I left a year-long rental lease when I moved, with keys on the wall.  I needed money, and was being told to pay nearly $800/month for a one bedroom, while making less than I had made in St. Louis, working at Maya Video Products, Inc. in Manhattan.  I had owned a house in St. Louis, paid about $350/month on a mortgage, and had benefits at my job.  At Maya Video Products, Inc., a job I had found through the job board at NYU in Nov. 1990, I had been accused of stealing an electronic item from their back room, while I had never, even, been to the back room.  Also, there was a security guard at the door when I left, after being told to go home to see my family for Christmas.  I was told they  would 'call me', after the holidays, for more work. But, I never heard from them, and waited until 1/15 for a phone call.  I was tired at that time, and needed a vacation or a Doctor, since I did not have a bed to sleep on, the entire time I lived in New York.  While in the dorm, a mattress had been supplied, but, outside of school, off campus, I did not have a bed, unless the person I rented from had a mattress for me.  So, I had back trouble.  I was always tired.  But, I knew what I was doing and needed work and money.

No comments: